Songo Blue Skies

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Arrivals at Jamaica Bay

Last Saturday I took a walk around the West Pond of Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge with a friend. I had not been for a couple of weeks, so I wanted to see what new migrants had come back.
Nesting Canadian Goose


There was so much to see. I love shore birds and Glossy Ibis, Foster's Terns, Boneparte's Gulls, and Oystercatchers were present. There were Northern Shovelers and Green-Winged Teal and plenty of Ruddy ducks. On the back side we saw a male Yellow Warbler, White-Throated Sparrows and I think a Hermit Thrush (picture below-but not too clear).



Oystercatchers (love those orange eyes and bill)

>
I think this is a Hermit Thrush
Foster's Tern

A bunch of Foster's Terns hanging out with a couple of Boneparte's Gulls.

No comments: